Treatments For Men
Scalp Pigmentation For Thinning Hair
Diffused hair loss or an overall thinning head of hair is becoming more common for men and woman; hair coverage is kept but there is a drop in the density of hair, or each hair begins to become finer over time, resulting in the scalp becoming more visible. This can make hair styling harder and limited. SMP can place tone between the thinning hairs, helping to reduce the contrast between the hair and skin, creating the illusion of greater hair density and a fuller head of hair, making styling your hair much more flexible.
SMP Scar Coverage
Tebori Studio is here to help you make the right decision about your Scar Coverage strategy. We are industry leaders, and therefore provide the most honest and caring atmosphere in our clinic, where clients can feel relaxed and well cared for. When you select us to help treat your hair loss, you can rest assured that nothing is more important to us than your well-being and your satisfaction with treatment you choose.
All of our results featured here are Tebori Studio clients. If you have any questions about hair loss feel free to contact us today to arrange a free consultation at our Gastown location.
Hair line design is arguably the most important artistic area of the treatment as the hair line frames your face and gives back a more youthful appearance. As SMP does not rely on a finite donor supply in theory any design could be made. That said care should be taken not to create a too low or aggressive hair line as the result will stay with you and not recede. As tempting as it may be a slight recession can frame your face very well and still look perfectly natural as you age. Our well trained team are there to help and advise what looks best and suits your bone structure.
SMP For Alopecia
SMP for Alopecia and other scalp conditions can help to mask and cover issues with this type of hair loss. While there are no cures for Alopecia Arreata, Alopecia Universalis, the treatment can provide some effective relief from the visual signs of this type of hair loss.
Traction alopecia and numerous other hair diseases can be addressed with this treatment, and we can help camouflage the damage with SMP for Alopecia treatment, so that sufferers of these conditions can continue their life feeling more confident about the way they look.
Alopecia Universalis is a condition that causes complete balding in the scalp, so we have to create not only a new hairline but a completely new hair shape on the whole scalp. Due to the large area more sessions might be needed then with a normal case of male pattern baldness, but the results can be life changing giving complete freedom.
The Tebori Difference
Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP)
What Is SMP?
SMP is the art is replicating the look of very short or shaved hair, this is achieved from tiny medical grade pigment particles placed under the outer layer of the skin. At Studio Tebori we take pride in every treatment performed, with technical excellence, the detail on design from our highly trained technical staff. Our attention to details gives the natural impression of closely shaved hair from your hairline, framing your face, to your crown, regardless of your hair loss stage.
SMP also allows you to increase the illusion of density between your native hairs if suffering from thinning or mildly diffused hair loss, adding to the look of fullness. Tebori Studio MicroPigmentation is considered to be a permanent procedure, no maintenance touch ups a year later and no need to use hair loss medications as is often advised with a hair transplant.
With any cosmetic procedure there is some trade-off; in the case of SMP it is maintaining your native hair with a very short or shaved hair cut; this ensures a seamless blend. Dependent how fast your hair grows this may mean shaving every day or every other day. Hair grows longer, SMP remains the same, the longer your hair grows will detract from the natural result when shaved.
It's important to understand what and how SMP works, this can be said of any procedure; on the right candidate with achievable realistic goals SMP can help those not suitable for surgical hair restoration, meds will not work or just don´t want surgery to regain the look of a shaved head of hair again. Another advantage to SMP is the ability to treat hair loss conditions not suitable for medications or a hair transplant.
Instant results, little to no discomfort, and a guaranteed procedure with the excellence of Studio Tebori dedication to care and your happiness.
What To Expect
- The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks.
- Immediately following the procedure, you may experience minimal discomfort on the treated area. Many clients describe a similar sensation as a sunburn, with redness and swelling. Symptoms will subside within 24-48 hours.
- During the first week, the tattooed area will initially appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined than the final result.
- Minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin is normal during the first few weeks of the healing period. To avoid loss of pigmentation, do not itch or remove scabs. They will naturally fall off on their own.
- Throughout the healing process, your tattoo will lighten in color, as your skin is exfoliating and regenerating. Be patient and wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it often re-strengthens at the end.
- Adjustments and touch-ups can be made only after the 6-8 week healing period is complete.
Care For Your New Scalp Tattoo
During the healing process, please avoid the following:
- Application of water, shampoo, lotions, creams or other scalp products for 7 days. We will provide you with a disposable shower cap to ensure your head does not get wet when you shower.
- Scratching or removal of scabs, dry skin/flakiness.
- Activities that will cause sweating for 7 days.
- Helmets, hats or hair prostheses for prolonged periods.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.
- Scalp shaving for 10 days, and avoiding going over any remaining scabs during the rest of the healing weeks.
After You've Healed
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (30 SPF or greater) on the treated area and wear a hat for further protection.
- Always rinse and dry the scalp thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- For men who still have some growing hair follicles, we recommend shaving your head every 2-3 days to maintain an even "freshly shaved" look.
- While the treatment is permanent, the pigmentation will slowly fade over time. Periodic touchups with Tebori Studio may be required.
With eyebrow microblading or NANO technique, Studio Tebori can fluff up your eyebrows and is an amazing way to cover scars! This process is almost pain free and semi-permanent so should last for years with minimal touch ups. The results leave you with natural-looking brows that will enhance your unique face shape!
Eyebrow microblading, also known as eyebrow feathering or eyebrow tattooing, allows us to achieve your desired look by implanting colour micro-pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle.
- The look of full and even brows
- Sweat and waterproof
- Camouflages sparse areas for a natural look
- Hides scars
What Is The Eyebrow Microblading Process?
For best results, we recommend taking the following precautions prior to your eyebrow microblading appointment:
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, Niacin, etc.) 48 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding
- Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it
- Some cosmetic procedures should be completed prior to your brow tattoo:
- Eyebrow waxing and shaping (2 days in advance)
- Eyebrow tinting (1 week in advance)
- Cosmetic Botox or fillers (2 weeks in advance)
Appointment Day - PLEASE ALLOW 4 HOURS
Consultation & Brow Design: (30 min)
Please bring any photos of eyebrows that catch your eye. As artists, we will work with you to shape and design a set of brows that highlights your natural facial features. From there, we choose a pigment match based on your skin tone and hair colour.
Numbing: (30 min)
We want you to be as comfortable as possible! Prior to the procedure, a topical anesthetic (4% lidocaine ointment) is applied. We also layer an additional numbing agent during the tattooing.
Tattooing: (60-120 min)
Your tattoo artist will carefully create small strokes of pigment that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair within the designed shape.
The full, deep healing process takes 6-8 weeks; however, your visible top layers of skin will heal after 2 weeks. Your brows will experience a few normal mild side effects (slight redness, itchiness and peeling), which clients compare to the feeling of sunburn.
Expect your tattoo to appear darker for the first 3 to 5 days. After day 4 or 5, light peeling will occur, revealing lighter and softer hair strokes. Long-term aftercare is crucial for the longevity of your eyebrow investment.
What will my healed brow tattoo look like?
Your results will vary depending on skin type, lifestyle and the immediate and long-term aftercare of your new tattoo. Once fully healed (after 6 weeks), the colour will reduce by 30 to 50 per cent. Patchiness and lightness can be perfected during your second session.
Will I need a touch up after my initial appointment?
The majority of our clients require 2 sessions to have their brows perfected. Touch up appointments can be made 2-3 months after your first visit. Clients with fuller brows may not need additional touchups; however, clients with little or no natural brow hairs, or have corrected work, may need further density added.
After we’ve achieved your desired brow, an annual touchup is highly recommended to maintain the tattoos.
How long will the final results last?
Your brow tattoo will last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, sun exposure and skin type. Oilier skin types tend to fade quicker than drier skin types.
Will brow tattooing be painful?
To ensure maximum comfort during the procedure we use a topical numbing with 5% lidocaine prior and during your procedure. Since pain tolerance and sensitivity varies individually, we can’t say exactly how it will feel for you. The procedure uses a smaller needle than traditional tattooing and should hurt significantly less. Clients have related the procedure with eyebrow threading, plucking multiple hairs at once or a light scratching of the skin.
Will natural brow hairs be removed during the process?
We incorporate as much of the natural brow hairs as possible. Any strays that lay outside of the brows design will be removed.
Can I get tattooed if I'm on accutane?
We will not tattoo anyone who is on Accutane, as the medication places you at risk for hypersensitivity, scarring and hyperpigmentation. Your skin needs 12 months to normalize prior to eyebrow microblading.
Will cosmetic tattooing work well for me?
- If you have extremely oily skin, the hair stroke eyebrow technique will NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdery than defined.
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more two-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed, we are no longer offering cover-up or re-work services. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these. In some instances where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before our services will be considered. Previously tattooed areas will almost always require additional sessions and will be charged accordingly. Some special cases may be considered. Please contact us with any further questions.
How will my cosmetic tattoo look in the future?
During your appointment, we will analyze your skin's undertone to anticipate how pigment colours will fade in the future. We also mix pigments to ensure the colour blends well with your existing eyebrow and hair colour.
The majority of our clients' tattoos stay true to colour and lighten naturally over time; however, in some cases colours may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments.
Many factors affect these changes, such as lifestyle and iron deficiencies. At your follow up appointment, we will re-analyze how your body has responded to the initial colour. Special formula alteration to correct the colour and to prevent further change is made at this time. Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a "powdered" look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.
Is the studio and equipment safe?
Absolutely! We pride ourselves on having an immaculate and sterile studio space. We only practice with single use, disposable needles and supplies. This means each set-up for a new client is safely discarded afterwards. Each of our stations are thoroughly disinfected before opening and after each procedure throughout the day.
We are blood borne pathogens certified and BC Health Services approved.
Do you travel for appointments?
Our artists perform eyebrow microblading at our beautiful Gastown studio full-time, but we occasionally travel and offer our services in other cities.
Please give 48 hours notice for cancellations, rebooking, missed appointments, etc. Non refundable deposit of $300 is mandatory.
SMP 3 sessions included
Full 3 sessions: 1800.00 + GST
9-15 Month Touch-Up: 400.00 + GST
15-24 Month Touch-Up: 450.00 + GST
AFTER 36 MONTHS FULL FIRST SESSION PRICE
Nano Brows / Microblading
First session: 400.00 + GST
Second session: 100.00 + GST
Additional Month Touch-up: 150.00 + GST
9-15 Month Touch-up: 200.00 + GST
15-24 Month Touch-up: 250.00 + GST
AFTER 24 MONTHS FULL FIRST SESSION PRICE
*PRICES ARE FOR Tebori Studio LOCATIONS ONLY. RATES WILL VARY WHEN TRAVELING. PRICING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
- Rates above are subject to change anytime.
- If your brows were previously tattooed and you're interested in a cover-up/rework, please email us photos () PRIOR to booking your appointment to assess. With our micro-pigmentation technique, we can only go darker and thicker, so previously tattooed brows that are already too dark, dense or heavily discoloured will need tattoo removal prior to proceeding with the cover-up work.
- Touchup rates are for current clients only. If your brows were previously tattooed elsewhere, regular rates apply.
Due to high appointment demand, all appointments require a $300 deposit to secure a booking. Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferable to reschedule an appointment. The amount will be deducted from the final cost.
We accept cash and all credit cards and debit cards.
Please give 48 hours notice for cancellations, rebooking, missed appointments, etc.