With eyebrow microblading, Studio Tebori will create beautiful, semi-permanent eyebrows, using the delicate process of hand drawing small tattoo strokes to mimic natural hairs. The results leave you with defined, natural-looking brows that will enhance your unique face shape.
Eyebrow microblading, also known as eyebrow feathering or eyebrow tattooing, allows us to achieve your desired look by implanting colour micro-pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle.
Whether your brows are sparse and uneven, or you’re looking for a low-maintenance, polished appearance, eyebrow microblading can enhance your current arches.
- The look of full and even brows
- Sweat and waterproof
- Camouflages sparse areas for a natural look
- Hides scars
- Semi-permanent, which allows adjustment to your brow shape as you age or as beauty trends change
What Is The Eyebrow Microblading Process?
For best results, we recommend taking the following precautions prior to your eyebrow microblading appointment:
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, Niacin, etc.) 48 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding
- Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it
- Some cosmetic procedures should be completed prior to your brow tattoo:
- Eyebrow waxing and shaping (2 days in advance)
- Eyebrow tinting (1 week in advance)
- Cosmetic Botox or fillers (2 weeks in advance)
Appointment Day - PLEASE ALLOW 4 HOURS
Consultation & Brow Design: (30 min)
Please bring any photos of eyebrows that catch your eye. As artists, we will work with you to shape and design a set of brows that highlights your natural facial features. From there, we choose a pigment match based on your skin tone and hair colour.
Numbing: (30 min)
We want you to be as comfortable as possible! Prior to the procedure, a topical anesthetic (4% lidocaine ointment) is applied. We also layer an additional numbing agent during the tattooing.
Tattooing: (60-120 min)
Your tattoo artist will carefully create small strokes of pigment that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair within the designed shape.
The full, deep healing process takes 6-8 weeks; however, your visible top layers of skin will heal after 2 weeks. Your brows will experience a few normal mild side effects (slight redness, itchiness and peeling), which clients compare to the feeling of sunburn.
Expect your tattoo to appear darker for the first 3 to 5 days. After day 4 or 5, light peeling will occur, revealing lighter and softer hair strokes. Long-term aftercare is crucial for the longevity of your eyebrow investment.
What will my healed brow tattoo look like?
Your results will vary depending on skin type, lifestyle and the immediate and long-term aftercare of your new tattoo. Once fully healed (after 6 weeks), the colour will reduce by 30 to 50 per cent. Patchiness and lightness can be perfected during your second session.
Will I need a touch up after my initial appointment?
The majority of our clients require 2 sessions to have their brows perfected. Touch up appointments can be made 2-3 months after your first visit. Clients with fuller brows may not need additional touchups; however, clients with little or no natural brow hairs, or have corrected work, may need further density added.
After we’ve achieved your desired brow, an annual touchup is highly recommended to maintain the tattoos.
How long will the final results last?
Your brow tattoo will last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, sun exposure and skin type. Oilier skin types tend to fade quicker than drier skin types.
Will brow tattooing be painful?
To ensure maximum comfort during the procedure we use a topical numbing with 5% lidocaine prior and during your procedure. Since pain tolerance and sensitivity varies individually, we can’t say exactly how it will feel for you. The procedure uses a smaller needle than traditional tattooing and should hurt significantly less. Clients have related the procedure with eyebrow threading, plucking multiple hairs at once or a light scratching of the skin.
You may experience more sensitivity if the procedure is performed during or near your menstrual cycle.
Will natural brow hairs be removed during the process?
We incorporate as much of the natural brow hairs as possible. Any strays that lay outside of the brows design will be removed.
Can I get tattooed while I'm pregnant?
Although microblading is a safe and low risk procedure, for your own safety and peace of mind, Tebori Studio will not tattoo any clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you discover you are pregnant and have an appointment scheduled, please notify us so we can reschedule and make future arrangements.
Can I get tattooed if I'm on accutane?
We will not tattoo anyone who is on Accutane, as the medication places you at risk for hypersensitivity, scarring and hyperpigmentation. Your skin needs 12 months to normalize prior to eyebrow microblading.
Will cosmetic tattooing work well for me?
- If you have extremely oily skin, the hair stroke eyebrow technique will NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdery than defined.
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more two-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed, we are no longer offering cover-up or re-work services. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these. In some instances where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before our services will be considered. Previously tattooed areas will almost always require additional sessions and will be charged accordingly. Some special cases may be considered. Please contact us with any further questions.
How will my cosmetic tattoo look in the future?
During your appointment, we will analyze your skin's undertone to anticipate how pigment colours will fade in the future. We also mix pigments to ensure the colour blends well with your existing eyebrow and hair colour.
The majority of our clients' tattoos stay true to colour and lighten naturally over time; however, in some cases colours may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments.
Many factors affect these changes, such as lifestyle and iron deficiencies. At your follow up appointment, we will re-analyze how your body has responded to the initial colour. Special formula alteration to correct the colour and to prevent further change is made at this time. Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a "powdered" look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.
Is the studio and equipment safe?
Absolutely! We pride ourselves on having an immaculate and sterile studio space. We only practice with single use, disposable needles and supplies. This means each set-up for a new client is safely discarded afterwards. Each of our stations are thoroughly disinfected before opening and after each procedure throughout the day.
We are blood borne pathogens certified and BC Health Services approved.
What are Nano Brows?
A single needle using a permanent make-up device is used to meticulously implant pigment drawing each individual hair-stroke by hand.
The Difference Between Microblading And Nano Needling
Nano needling or MicroPigmentation, uses a conventional needle device. TEBORI STUDIO IS 1 OUT OF 7 CERTIFIED IN AMIEA DEVICE FOR NANO BROWS in all of Canada.
Since the needle sits approximately 0.75mm outside the cartridge it is easier to apply the precise pressure to create the perfect crisp hair strokes. Thus, it tends to be a much cleaner process. The very tip of the needle is dipped into the pigment and the vibration pulls the pigment down into the cartridge. It is then dispensed gradually from the needle into the skin, allowing for a controlled movement.
Microblading or brow embroidery involves using a small, sharp instrument of 10-16 fine needles configured into a blade shape to deposit pigment into the skin. Once the cuts have been made, pigment is left on the skin for several minutes and the anaesthetic is then applied making the rest of the treatment virtually painless.
Nano needles are fascinating as they are the size of a hair and flexible. In essence they can be used to draw to replicate a real hair in the skin with minimum trauma. The can be sizes such as .35; .3; .25 and even .2 for fine wispy hairs.
TEBORI STUDIO loves these needles because even for heavier handed techs it is almost impossible to cause any real damage to the skin or to implant the mineral pigment too deep which is where many techs who don’t naturally have the magic touch can go wrong.
Micro Blades give exactly the same result but the risk of injury to the skin is much higher. There are few true artists who can MB beautifully to achieve this really natural effect of hairstrokes. Tebori Studio is one of them.
Scalp MicroPigmentation (SMP)
What Is SMP?
Scalp MicroPigmentation is a fantastic solution for thinning hair, with more and more women deciding to undergo this revolutionary treatment for female hair loss. Female hair loss can be difficult to treat and not all women are willing to or are good candidates to undergo surgical hair transplants for various reasons. While Scalp Pigmentation has been practiced on men with shaved hairstyles fewer are familiar with its use in lowering contrast between hair and scalp colour when wearing the hair longer, many women talk about it being similar to using Toppik or Nanogen hair fibers but in a permanent way.
This treatment is especially good for patients with dark hair, treating blonde or red hair is usually not possible with this treatment but you are best to evaluate this with your consultant during your free consultation where you can discuss if you are a candidate for this procedure.
In most cases 2-3 treatments are required until the final results is reached and a perfect match between hair and skin is reached. To find out more about our long hair MSP – Micro Scalp Pigmentation please contact us or start the evaluation through our online consultation.
Nano Brows / Microblading / Freckles
First session: 400.00 + GST
Second session: 100.00 + GST
Additional Month Touch-up: 150.00 + GST
9-15 Month Touch-up: 200.00 + GST
15-24 Month Touch-up: 250.00 + GST
Freckles: 45.00 + GST
AFTER 24 MONTHS FULL FIRST SESSION PRICE
*PRICES ARE FOR Tebori Studio LOCATIONS ONLY. RATES WILL VARY WHEN TRAVELING. PRICING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.
- Rates above are subject to change anytime.
- If your brows were previously tattooed and you're interested in a cover-up/rework, please email us photos () PRIOR to booking your appointment to assess. With our micro-pigmentation technique, we can only go darker and thicker, so previously tattooed brows that are already too dark, dense or heavily discoloured will need tattoo removal prior to proceeding with the cover-up work.
- Touchup rates are for current clients only. If your brows were previously tattooed elsewhere, regular rates apply.
Due to high appointment demand, all appointments require a $300 deposit to secure a booking. Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferable to reschedule an appointment. The amount will be deducted from the final cost.
We accept cash and all credit cards and debit cards.
Please give 48 hours notice for cancellations, rebooking, missed appointments, etc.
Eyebrow Tattoo Aftercare
The results and longevity of the eyebrow tattoos will depend greatly on how you take care of your brows during the healing process and beyond. Each client's skin responds differently, both in the length of time it takes to heal, and the number of sessions required to achieve your desired results and colour retention. This information acts as a guideline only; we cannot guarantee your results.
Eyebrow tattoo healing process:
- Most clients require at least 2 sessions for ideal results. The 1st session is to build shape and gain symmetry; the 2nd session is to perfect the brows and add density.
- Adjustments and touch-ups can be made 3 months after your first visit. Due to high demand, please plan to book your touch-up appointment 2 months in advance.
- The complete healing process takes about 6 to 8 weeks; however, the visible top layer of skin should heal after 2 weeks.
- Immediately following the eyebrow microblading procedure, you may experience some minor discomfort on the treated area. Many of the clients who receive eyebrow tattoos at our Gastown studio compare the sensation to that caused by sunburn, with redness and swelling. Symptoms typically subside within 24 to 48 hours.
- During the first 3 to 5 days, your brows will initially appear to be darker and more sharply defined than the final result. The hair strokes may blend and look wet/painted on. This is normal and will lighten after a few days when the skin sheds. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer.
- Minimal scabbing, flaking and dryness of the skin are normal after the first few days of the healing period. To avoid loss of eyebrow hair stroke pigmentation, do not itch or remove scabs. They will naturally fall off on their own.
- Results vary client to client. Not all eyebrow tattoos heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery, while drier skin types heal more crisp and defined.
Caring for your eyebrow tattoo:
- Day 1: Gently wipe your eyebrow tattoo with the provided saline wipes 4 hours after your appointment. Also use the wipes on your brows before you go to bed and apply a light coat of ointment with a cotton swab.
- Day 2-4: Clean your brows 2 to 3 times a day and apply a thin layer of the provided ointment once in the morning and once at night.
- Day 5-14: Pat your brows with a cotton pad with lukewarm water 2 to 3 times a day and apply a fragrance-free, non-alcohol moisturizer (Lubriderm or Cetaphil).
- If your brows feel very tight and dry, you can reapply a light coat of moisturizer
Avoid the following during healing:
- Application of any brow makeup for 2 weeks.
- Scratching or removal of scabs, dry skin/flakiness.
- Direct water on the eyebrow tattoo and the use of cleansers, soaps and heavy creams.
- Wash around the areas using a cleaning cloth or oil-free makeup wipe.
- Vaseline, Neosporin and any other petroleum based products.
- Activities that will cause sweating for 10 days.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or other bodies of water for 14 days.
- UV exposure (including tanning booths).
- Laser light therapy, as it can darken/lighten or distort the pigment.
- Exfoliants, retinol acids or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment (causes premature fading).
- Massages, facials or skin treatments.
What to expect after brow tattoos have healed:
- Eyebrow tattoos normally last 1 to 3 years depending on lifestyle, skin type and aftercare.
- Yearly touch-ups with Tebori Studio are recommended to maintain your results.
- Exposure to the sun and tanning beds can cause fading and discolouration of the pigment. Once completely healed, always apply sunscreen (50 SPF or greater) on brow area.
- Avoid using chemical exfoliants on the brows, as it will cause fading.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL). Some lasers may change the colour of the ink.
- Additional eyebrow makeup application may still be required post tattoo to achieve your desired look.
- Yearly touchups with Tebori Studio are recommended to maintain your results.
Find more information about bookings for eyebrow tattoos at our Gastown studio (including touch-ups), here. Or, contact Tebori Studio today with additional questions or concerns about eyebrow tattooing.
Enhance your lashes with us!
Made from polysynthetic fibers these lashes give you control over your curls. You can play it up or play it down, the choice is yours!
Full Set (Every single lash): 95 + GST
Partial Set (50 lashes per eye): 65 + GST
Fills: 50.00 + GST
What holds my eyelash extensions in place?
At Tebori Studio we use a special waterproof bonding agent to apply the mink lashes directly onto each of your individual lashes, not to your skin. The long-lasting glue does not contain any fumes or irritants, so it is safe and comfortable.
Is there anything I should do to prepare for my appointment?
Yes! Try your best to arrive without any eye makeup, do not curl your lashes or wear mascara the day of your appointment. This will minimize the clean up time and allow more time for applying the extensions.
How long do they last?
On the average person, Full and Demi sets: the Eyelash Extensions will ‘look good’ for approximately 3 weeks before requiring a touch up. If you do not touch up at this time, they will continue to shed and completely fall off by 4 – 6 weeks. Some experience a much better retention rate while others vary. Factors include the strength and texture of your natural lash, your lifestyle, and the way you care for the Eyelash Extensions.